If you are like me, you love to eat Pumpkin this time of year. I love pumpkin. From pumpkin pie (the only kind I like is the kind I make I don't know why), to pumpkin cookies. I have never made pumpkin cookies before, but I have this cookbook that I haven't used forever and it has some great recipes. It's from 2006 but it's worth it because it has recipes for all holiday occasions.
The book is called Taste of Homes Holiday's & Celebrations Cookbook 2006.
The only Thing I would change about this recipe is adding 1/2 cup more pumpkin and another teaspoon of pumpkin pie flavoring. Other than that it's delicious!
Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
Page 138 of the cookbook
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin*
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1 to 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
*you can add more, I wish I would have
Frosting (is optional)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbls boiling water
2 cups chopped pecans
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown (I had to go about 14 minutes). Remove to wire racks to cool.
For frosting, in a bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Frost cookies; sprinkle with pecans.

No comments:
Post a Comment